Sunday, March 6, 2016

Fashion Drawing

Hey there, yes, I know it's been a long time since I've blogged.
I recently wanted to reboot this blog because I want to document what I've been doing!
So in the last year, I've learned how to sew and it's become a new hobby for me. Currently, I'm enrolled in a fashion drawing class at a local community college, although the course ends in two weeks.

Here are some pictures of my slow progress:

Very first croqui sketch (01/29/16)
Practice (01/30/16)
(02/01/16)
(02/05/16)


After learning the basics, we've moved onto designing on our croquis. Typically we were given a picture and 5 minutes to brainstorm ideas.
Both sketches are from 02/12/16, inspiration pictures below.



I ended up with this for the three piece sketch! I further refined my designs, mixing different pieces together. Unfortunately, it is unfinished and most likely will remain that way.

So that's what I've been up to lately. I also started an actual project of sketching a three piece collection, but I'm going to save that for another post. See you guys soon with more fashion drawing sketches!

*Side Note: I realize these pictures are quite dark but it was hard to take these because of the size of my sketch book. I would have liked to scan them in but didn't have the means and time. Hopefully in the future I can find a way to take these with better lighting.

-Phia

No comments:

Post a Comment